Anyone who knows us, knows that we love our cake – one of the fringe benefits of having our own restaurant is the daily availability of wonderful home-made cakes and pastries! So, our Head Chef Wayne, couldn’t resist the challenge of developing a new recipe just for us. As ever, he has used the best of the seasonal produce available to come up with his Raspberry, Coconut and White Chocolate Slice.
Absolutely packed with delicious, locally grown raspberries, this cake embodies the taste of these hot, late summer days. Perfect for relaxing on our patio with a pot of tea, looking out over the garden centre in the warm sunshine.
We are so proud of the taste that we will be handing out FREE samples to our customers in the Farm Shop, during the week starting Monday 10th August. First come, first served! Not only that, but Wayne has agreed to share his recipe with us and you, so that you have a go at making your own.
Raspberry, Coconut and White Chocolate Slice
500g Dessicated Coconut
400g White Chocolate (broken into chunks)
6 Tablespoons Golden Syrup
1 Vanilla Pod
Approx. 400g Raspberries (2 packs from our Farm Shop)
1. Line a baking tray (20cm x 15cm/8″ x 6″) with greaseproof paper.
2. Place the white chocolate, golden syrup and butter in a glass bowl. Scrape in the vanilla seeds from the pod. Gently warm through to melt (either by placing the bowl over a saucepan of boiling water or in the microwave). Once everything is melted, mix well.
3. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, add to the white chocolate mixture.
4. Stir in the coconut and raspberries, mix well.
5. Pour into the prepared tin and cook in a warm oven (180 degrees, Gas Mark 4) for 2o-25 minutes or until the cake springs back when pressed lightly with a finger in the centre.